Friday, July 13, 2012

Milton Avery was a beast

So, I'm all about abstract expressionism. Don't get me wrong. I think it's super interesting to look at, and  in particular to understand the historical significance of abstract expressionist art. But everyone was all like this art is super serious and intense.


No, like super serious and intense and emotional. 


“I'm not an abstractionist. I'm not interested in the relationship of color or form or anything else. I'm interested only in expressing basic human emotions: tragedy, ecstasy, doom, and so on.” 
-Mark Rothko



And Milton Avery knew all these people. But was all like, I not gonna do that. And like emotions are cool. But like. I'm gonna paint the most beautiful sheep painting ever. Look at this. I mean. These sheep are the shit. 



Here too. It's so damn good. 


And this landscape.



And these trees.


So good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment